We’re currently recruiting for an Account Director to join our Science Engineering and Innovation (SEI) team to facilitate the growth of client accounts and oversee the delivery of quality results from existing programmes.
Account directors take care of long-term client relationships, recognising the key players in an organisation, and building the company’s reputation and profile within that organisation to stimulate organic growth.
Key accountabilities include:
- Overseeing account activity planning and hours every month – ensuring all activity is in line with client expectations and agreed plans
- Understand the longer-term strategic objectives of our clients and to feed these back to the team.
- Overseeing the account managers management of client budgets
- Tier one contact for clients
- Monitoring quality of service and results – flagging issues when necessary
- Mentoring and supporting account managers and account executives
- Identifying opportunities for organic growth and working (with account directors/associate directors if necessary) to bring this revenue in
- Part-running of new business pitches and presenting to prospective client
Ideal experience/characteristics required:
- Substantial PR and communications experience, ideally within an agency or in-house experience in science, engineering, health and/or technology.
- Excellent writer, content creator and communicator
- Experienced in creating and managing social campaigns
- Has a network of influencers in the media
- Comfortable with proposing and developing rich content
- Experience of managing budgets
- Proven ability to deliver quality work
- Experience of managing junior team members
If you’re up for a new challenge and the opportunity to join a fast-growing agency with true focus and ambition, then we’d love to talk to you. What we offer in return is 25 days holiday per year and following a four-month probation period, you will be eligible to join our pension and health care scheme.