We’re currently recruiting for a PR Account Manager to help us ensure the effective delivery of our client programmes. Focused on our technology portfolio, you’ll be responsible for building long-term relationships with our clients through the consistent delivery of high quality results and seeking new opportunities for expanding the size of each account.
As an Account Manager, you’ll have the opportunity to be involved in some of the more senior level day to day work on accounts, along with acting as a mentor and role model for account executives and senior account executives. Therefore, you must have excellent media relations skills and contacts, be a flawless writer and experienced with social media. You’ll also have the opportunity to be involved in the new business process – often running new business pitches alongside senior team members.
Key responsibilities include;
- Planning account activity and hours every month.
- Managing client budgets and ensuring that team members are completing all tasks within budget.
- Day to day contact for clients on accounts.
- Ensuring regular client contact from members of the account team and making sure the client is up to date on the performance of the team and the results generated, through structured and appropriate reporting.
- Ensuring positive results are clearly and quickly reported to the client and the wider organisation in which they work.
- Management of team performance, allocation of activities/projects and delivery of reports.
- Mentoring and supporting junior members of staff.
- Line management of junior staff.
- Tier one media relations activities.
- Social media planning and implementation.
- Event management and planning.
- Senior writing tasks and projects (often in conjunction with more junior members of staff).
- Identifying opportunities for account growth (organic growth).
- Part-running of new business pitches and presenting to prospective client.
Ideal experience / characteristics required:
- Highly organised with the ability to understand the complexities of overseeing a variety of client accounts and relationships.
- Experience of managing more junior team members in order to deliver agreed KPIs in line with client expectations and agreed timelines.
- Excellent written communication skills with the ability to produce accurate and engaging copy for clients.
- A solid grounding in media relations and possess a clear interest in following the news agenda of the day and identifying ways to influence it.
- A successful and proven track record of pitching stories to national, trade and online media.
- Previous experience managing social media campaigns and the ability to demonstrate how social platforms have been utilised to meet clients’ corporate objectives.
- A passion for new and developing technology.
If you’re up for a new challenge and the opportunity to join a fast-growing agency with true focus and ambition, then we’d love to talk to you. What we offer in return is a competitive salary, 25 days holiday per year and, following a four-month probation period, you will be eligible to join our pension and health care scheme.
To apply, please email your CV to email@example.com