1. Introduction & General Terms
It also relates to our use of any personal information you provide to us by phone, email, in letters/correspondence and in person.
In order to do business and to better understand our customers we sometimes collect information about you. This policy explains the following:
- what information we may collect about you
- how we use information we collect about you
- when we may use your details to contact you
- whether we will disclose your details to anyone else
- your choices regarding the personal information you provide to us
- what to do if you are unhappy with our use of your data
The information we gather and store about you is governed by the Data Protection Act 1998 and the The Privacy and Electronic Communications (EC Directive) Regulations 2003. In this policy, we refer to ‘data protection laws’ to mean these.
2. Who are we?
We have four wholly-owned subsidiaries:
AprilSix Proof Ltd. – a PR company specialising in the Science, Technology, Engineering and Mathematics sectors
April Six Inc. – our US-based full-service marketing and PR agency covering the US, Canada and South America
April Six Pte Ltd. – our Singapore-based full-service marketing and PR agency covering the Asia Pacific region
April Six (China) Ltd. – our full-service marketing and PR agency covering China
When we refer to ”we” or ”our” or ”April Six” we are referring to April Six Ltd., AprilSix Proof Ltd., April Six Inc., April Six Pte Ltd. and April Six (China) Ltd.
April Six Ltd. are part of The Mission Marketing Group plc.
Our headquarters are:
April Six Ltd.
+44 (0)1895 825599
Our registered office address is:
April Six Ltd.
36 Percy Street
3. What information will April Six collect?
As we are a business to business enterprise we will not knowingly record your home address or phone number. We will also not knowingly record special categories of personal data: racial or ethnic origin, political opinions, religious or philosophical beliefs, or trade union membership, genetic data or biometric data. Additionally, due to the nature of our business we only deal with adults. Please do not supply personal information if you are under 18 years of age.
We may enable you to sign-in via a third-party service, such as a social media provider like Facebook or Twitter. If you choose to sign-in via a third-party application, you will be presented with a dialog box which will ask your permission to allow us to access your personal information (e.g. your full name, date of birth, email address and any other information you have made publicly accessible).
4. How will April Six use the information it collects about me?
- Optimise our website to ensure an enriched personalised experience
- Deliver any services you have signed up for like newsletters or blogs
- Contact you about the services we offer
- Provide a personalised experience
- Find out if you are interested in our services
For example, if you’ve provided us your information, allow cookies and are a frequent visitor to our website our automated systems may note you as a person of interest.
5. Will I be contacted for marketing purposes?
However, you have a choice about how your information is used and you can opt out at any time – either by clicking the link in every marketing communication we send or by emailing us at firstname.lastname@example.org
* If you are based in the UK, EU or EEA (European Economic Area), the use of personal data for direct marketing purposes is permitted under Legitimate Interests (Recital 47 of the GDPR). You can find out more HERE
6. Will April Six share my personal information with anyone else?
7. How long will April Six keep my personal information?
If you become a customer, we will keep and use your information for two years from your last spend with us or one year after your last interaction, whichever is longer.
However, you are in control, you can opt out at any time – either by clicking the link included in every email we send or by emailing us at email@example.com
8. Where will April Six send my data?
If we do transfer your personal information, you can be assured that we will have legally binding EU approved agreements in place to protect the security and use of it.
9. How will April Six keep my data safe?
10. Can I delete my data?
We will delete the information we hold, keeping only a minimised version which we will use to ensure that we do not contact you again in the future.
11. Can I find out what personal information April Six holds about me?
If you would like to do this you can write to us at the address below. In order to confirm your identity, you will need to provide copies of two forms of identification from the following: driving licence, birth certificate, utility bill*, vehicle registration or bank statement*
* less than 3 months old
We will respond to you within 30 days of confirmation of your identity.
Subject Access Request
April Six Limited
v1.4 February 2018
14. What if I want to complain?
If you are a UK, EU or EEA (European Economic Area) resident and are not satisfied with the resolution of your complaint you can complain to the local Supervising Authority; the Information Commissioners Office www.ico.org.uk